About Me

My photo
An Actor, Singer, and Director, I currently reside in the State of Chaos.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Stepmother

Driving me home from the Doctor's, my StepMother asks me if i'm staying in Florida. I tell her i'm not, which she starts going on a big lecture about how I should stay in Florida, as well as finding God. After I've given her every excuse to respond to, I finally stated:

"I'm also in a relationship."

SM: "Oh, see, I'm kinda hoping you'll get out of that."

Me: 'I don't wanna get out of that."

SM: "That's something I've been praying for for years. That you won't be like that anymore and that you'll meet the right woman."

Me: "I'm not attracted to women. I've never been attracted to women."

SM: "But you could be."

me: "No, I couldn't"

SM: "You're Uncle did it." (referring to my Great Uncle who gave up the homosexual lifestyle and married a woman.)

Me: "That was his choice! I'm not gonna choose to be with a woman to make everyone else happy so that I can be miserable!"

SM; "But you could be happy."

Me: "No, I..."

SM: "But that sexual part of your life is over, isn't it?"

Me: "What do you mean?"

SM: "In your condition...you can no longer have sex."

Me: "Um, yes I can. It's called Safe Sex."

SM: "Oh...I thought you couldn't have sex anymore."

And that's where the conversation ended.
Don't you just love Ignorance?!
I guess this is the reason I don't want my Father involved in that part of my life. I'm tired of them hoping that I'll "change" instead of trying to Understand me.
And this is why my Father and I will never have that close relationship that he longs for.

No comments: