About Me

My photo
An Actor, Singer, and Director, I currently reside in the State of Chaos.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Full Circle

April 24, 2007


I recently had an offer to move back "home" Florida, and I'm trying to weigh the Pro's and Cons of the situation, but it seems like my overpowering pride is getting the best of me. So, let me know what you think:


Pro's:

Rent free. I can catch up on all the things I've fallen behind on, like bills, saving money for a car, moving wherever I want, etc.

I'd be 9 hours away from my fiance' and would be able to visit him anytime I want – especially with it being cheaper. Whether driving or flying…

There's a large theatre community – so I can continue in building up my resume.

I'd be closer to some friends that I have out there, including my best friend, Andrea.

I hate Palmdale. I hate Florida, too, but I think Palmdale is worse.

My mother has MS, and she could use my help, as well as company. She also stated that it would not be a permanent situation, as she knows about Nick and our goals.

I'd be able to transfer to the Chili's right by my house.

Con's:

Pride: I'd be a 31 year old man living with his mother – even if it is temporary.

I would hate to run into anyone from my childhood, having them think that I couldn't "hack" it out there in the real world. (As much as I don't give a fuck about what people think, I was told that I would never "make it" and that I'd be back, so I wouldn't want to have proven anyone right.)

I hate Florida.

I would hate to feel stuck, because I know how moving can be extremely difficult, and I wouldn't want to get too comfortable – grant it, Nick and I would be working towards the goal of living together – somewhere outside of Florida and Alabama.

I left a long time ago, vowing I would never go back.

It's the "easy way out".

I've grown to like L.A. and the fact that there's so much to do, and I haven't done it all yet.

People in Florida just don't get me. Never did.

No comments: