About Me

My photo
An Actor, Singer, and Director, I currently reside in the State of Chaos.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Let Me Share My Life with You For the Next Ten Minutes

April 2, 2007


This is the story of my exes. Aristophanes and Socrates is what I shall call them in order to protect their innocense.

Aristophanes: Long Distance relationship. Lived in Minnesota. Lasted 7 months. I ended it for many reasons, because in those 7 months, I realised that this was not the person I wanted to be with - us being so opposite and all. I guess the first time it hit was when he admitted to not wanting to adopt children because Bush said gays can't adopt. Nice to be influenced by a political leader. I wonder what that's like. The second time was when he stated that Halle Berry can take her Oscar and shove it up her ass, all because of her acceptance speech. Apparently, he was so angered by it that it put him in a bad mood for the day. I knew, then, it would never work out between us.

Socrates: Spent five years together, until i realised that I didn't want to spend another five years with him. thus, the end was created. I was not the person he needed to be with, and I would never become that person. So, I set out to find the me that I lost, in hopes that i not only could make myself happy, but someone else, because I never did seem to make him happy.

So - I find Aristophanes on MySpace and apologize for our demise. He says that five years is a long time to hold a grudge, and that i was forgiven - hoping that we can be friends again. So, I took this as an invitation, and explained to him about what had happened to me in the last five years, also adding him as a friend on MySpace. We were writing back and forth, until I admitted to Socrates that I got back in contact with Aristophanes.

Socrates, then, felt compelled to also contact Aristophanes. I have no clue what was said, but, I did notice that Aristophanes took himself off of my friend list. So, i confronted Socrates about this, and he told me that Aristophanes had forwarded all the emails I sent to Socrates. Also - Aristophanes, said that I was once again tugging at his strings, and hinting that I wanted to get back together with him. This, of course, wasn't true, But it was so typical of Aristophanes to create such thoughts, believe them, and then not listen to the actual truth. I was confiding in him as a friend, of course, not even thinking that he would turn around and "betray" me.

Now, i come to find out that Aristophanes has added Socrates, to his friend list, putting him on his top list - almost as if they are in "cahoots", as they share anictdotes of the relationships....and that Aristophanes is planning on visiting L.A. to hang with Socrates.

This is a reason i have lost trust....it's almost as if, no matter who Socrates contacts, they gravitate to him, and I lose friends i thought i had. I'm really not that horrible of a person. but, goddamit, people are sure doing their best to make me feel that way...

but, i guess when you're as manipulative as Socrates is/was, you could win anyone over...Too bad my family didn't have a manipulative gene to pass on to me...

No comments: