About Me

My photo
An Actor, Singer, and Director, I currently reside in the State of Chaos.

Friday, May 23, 2008

I Can Do better Than That

April 4, 2007



Single Life.
Haven't really been here in quite a long time, I've almost forgotten what it's like...

The only difference is - I was 19, and constantly searching for someone to love me...or better yet, always looking for someone to love, but suffering through rejection after rejection...never thinking it possible that someone could make me happy...looking back on my poetry written then, i realise that I was naive - ignorant to the possibilities of true love.

but then I found someone who loved me...only, I couldn't make them happy, no matter how hard I tried, and in the end, it felt like there was no love left - as it wasn't made clear until after the demise of the love that actually existed. but, by then, it was too late. He didn't need someone like me. I was wrong for him. All wrong.

Twelve years later - I am no longer naive, no longer desperate, and at the same time, my faith in true love is still questioning - because, in all honesty - how do we know when it's right?

"Love is like taking the hand
from a man you just met on the street
You don't know what he's about,
and he walks to his own beat.
And he takes you on a journey
that you can't really define.
But you know it might be worth it,
you know it's not a waste of your time.
Love is like diving into an ocean
that is certainly too deep
To feel, the sand in your toes,
and the bottoms of your feet
But for, some strange reason
you stay cold and wet
'Cause you know deep down
that you haven't seen, the best of it yet
And all the while you wonder...
Is this right?
How do we knowIf we never been here before?I
s this right,
how do we know?
Should we take a chance tonight,
Should I be sitting by your side,
for the rest of your life?Is this right?
how do we know?
How do we know?
Love is like jumping from the top
of the highest mountain
Just to feel the freedom of no boundaries
and the wind in your hair
And you fly on and on,
you fly up to the moon
'Cause this freedom will bring you ecstasy,
and you know you're gonna feel it soon
And all the while you wonder...
All I had to do is paint a picture of you in my mind
And I held on tight
Just one look at you
I know everything's gonna be all right
And so I'm ready this time."

Toby Lightman "Is This right?"

6:25 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

No comments: