About Me

My photo
An Actor, Singer, and Director, I currently reside in the State of Chaos.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What's so Ugly about south Florida?


Can I just tell you how much I hate the people that reside in South Florida? I grew up here, and it never was like this...and then the migration happened...

I was taught courtesy. That's what they teach you growing up in the suburbs; saying Thank you if someone does something for you, or holding open a door for someone who's right behind you. Where did all that go? just twice last week those things happened to me. I was walking into a building, and was right behind some guy. He opened the door and let it close on me. Then the next day, I blatantly hold the door open for some woman. I didn't have to, as she was a few feet away. Still, I was being courteous. She says nothing. What? Does she think I owe her something?

And don't get me started on the Wal-Mart crowd - so preoccupied on their cellphones that they can't watch where they're going...or even the people who take their time walking in the middle of a parking lot, not getting out of the way for the car that's right behind them...

I wanna know - what happened in the thirteen years that i had been gone? I really don't want to make it a culture thing, but, it looks as though it is - since the 'people of color" are the majority down here, (Cubans, Haitians, Dominicans, Jamaicans, etc.) this is who i find doing most of this shit. I'm not trying to sound racist - but spend a day shopping in my hometown, and you'll see what i'm talking about. Fuckin' rude motherfuckers...

And I'm not going to leave white people out of it, because they can't drive for shit. They can see you with your signal trying to get in their lane, but they won't slow down or speed up to let you in...no...they purposely keep you out of the lane you need to be in...And then there are the assholes on their cellphones who'd sooner get into a car accident than tell the person they're talking to that they'd call them back when they got to less traffic.

and I really thought Palmdale, Ca was bad...

No comments: