About Me

My photo
An Actor, Singer, and Director, I currently reside in the State of Chaos.

Friday, May 23, 2008

The Lady and the Dog

5-17-07

So, I'm walking through my neighborhood and I see this big white dog coming towards me. The owner was trying to get his attention, but, clearly, he wasn't listening. I'd say the breed was a big, long haired, fat as fuck dog.

"Don't worry" said the lady, "he won't attack."

She went on to tell me that it was her son's dog, and he had just recently died, leaving it to her. She asked me if I wanted a dog. i told her I couldn't take it. Then, she went on to tell me that her son died of a head injury, but I didn't inquire anymore information. I tried to leave, but everytime I walked away, the dog would follow me. So, i had to stay until she got food to lure it back in the house.

I heard her call out "Thank you!" as I was walking away, thinking that I must have reminded the dog of his original owner. I wish I could say that this would have turned into one of those sappy novels where I became a replacement of company to the dog and the woman, but I'm just not that kind of person. Maybe, though, i'll write that novel.

No comments: